“Every other day I top-up my electricity meter. How can I do this now the shops are closed and I have to self isolate?”
OUR FAMILIES ARE SUFFERING.
THEY ARE HUNGRY, ISOLATED, FRIGHTENED.
GIVE NOW TO OUR CORONAVIRUS CRISIS CAMPAIGN
We pride ourselves on consistently caring for children throughout the year. Sadly, we have been forced to put all our projects on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With your help, we can continue to provide practical and emotional support for vulnerable families and children through this crisis.
The families we work with life in poverty and cannot afford to bulk buy. As food and household essentials run out, anxiety and stress levels increase, exasperating existing mental health issues. These families are struggling to cope.
Now, with schools being closed, parents and children with complex needs are forced to stay at home in often cramped environments with extended families. Parents are struggling to cook with limited supplies, educate their children without access to laptops, keep up to hygiene standards without adequate cleaning supplies and try and stay healthy through physical exercise.
With your donations, we can support our families by:
- Delivering care packages with essential toiletries (nappies, wipes, soap), dry foods (pasta, rice, lentils).
- Engaging indoor activities including books, skipping ropes, and board games to reduce tension at home.
- Mentoring one-on-one trips for our most vulnerable children to local, open spaces. Home is not a safe space for everyone. We work with children who are exposed to domestic violence and drug abuse.
- Tackling loneliness by delivering our School Holiday Easter project through interactive live streams of dance tutorials, cooking, art activities, yoga and more.
- Educational support: Purchasing laptops for children to access their school work online, take part in our social media live streams and watch educational programmes, such as nature documentaries on BBCiPlayer.
- Fitness: Providing Wii Fit and exercise programmes for families to help them stay fit and healthy in a crowded environment.
These urgent Solidarity Aid Packages will help struggling families to cope. You can help spread happiness during this urgent time of crisis by donating now.